The U.S. Diversity Visa program popularly known as the Green Card lottery selects 55,000 people from the thousands of applications received annually. And they will be able to pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or a consulate in their home country. Selected applicants can also adjust their status in the United States if they are a foreign national residing legally in the United States in a non-immigrant status at the time of applying.
Registrations for the United States Diversity Visa Lottery Program 2023 will only be done electronically (Online). The Applications you send and the accompanying documents and photographs should also be in an acceptable format. Any deviation from this or sending an incomplete application will automatically disqualify the applicant.
Eligibility for U.S Diversity Visa Program 2023 (DV-2023)
For you to qualify or be eligible for the Visa lottery draws DV-2023, you have to consider the following:
- Complete applications must be received by noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, and noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
- Applicants must also submit an Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form (E-DV Entry Form or DS-5501) online. This is only available at https://dvprogram.state.gov/. No fee is required for you to register for the annual DV lottery program.
- After submitting a complete entry, applicants will be able to see a confirmation screen. This screen contains their name and a unique confirmation number.
- Ensure to print this confirmation screen for records. This confirmation page and unique confirmation number will be needed to gain access to the online system that informs them of the status of the application.
As with a lottery, applicants are selected at random by a computer from a list of all qualified entries. Starting from May 7, 2022, all qualified applicants will be able to check and know the status of their entry applications. When you go to https://dvprogram.state.gov/ click on the Entrant Status Check, then type in your unique confirmation number and personal information.
The Entrant Status Check must be used to check if your entry has been selected for the DV-2023 lottery. And if your entry is selected by the lottery system, you must also use the Entrant Status Check to check for your immigrant visa interview appointment date. The U.S. government will not notify selected applicants directly. And the government will not send any notification letters to registrants.
Eligible Countries for United States Diversity Visa 2023
For the DV-2023 program, citizens of the following countries will not be able to apply. And this is because more than 50,000 natives of these excluded countries are already immigrants to the U.S. in the previous 5 years. The excluded countries are:
- China (including Hong Kong SAR).
- El Salvador.
- South Korea.
- The Dominican Republic.
- The Philippines.
- The United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories.
Individuals born in Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible to apply for the U.S. diversity visa lottery.
U.S DV- 2023 Lottery Registration Requirements
Before you can start registration, there are some requirements needed:
- Applicants must have either a high school diploma (or its equivalent). Or must possess at least 2 years of work experience in the past five years, and in an occupation that requires a minimum 2 years of training or experience.
- Submitting more than one entry application will also automatically disqualify all the entries by the applicant.
- A couple, that is a husband and wife can submit one entry each. And this is provided that each spouse meets the required eligibility standards. If any of the spouses is chosen, the other party not chosen is also entitled to derivative permanent resident status.
- Children under the age of 21 will also be able to secure a derivative permanent resident status if one of their parents is chosen for the U.S DV-2023 visa lottery.
The United States Department advises that individuals applying for this program should complete the entry form themselves. This should be done without the help of a consultant, an agent, or a facilitator. People are also warned to be careful, as there are a lot of scammers out there, looking to capitalize on applicants, and charging people money to complete the diversity visa lottery 2023 application for them.
U.S DV-2023 Entrant Status Check
Applicants can check their status by typing in their unique confirmation information through this Link starting at noon (EDT) on May 7, 2022. The U.S Diversity Visa Lottery program registration period began on October 6, 2021, and closes on November 9, 2021. All applicants who submitted an entry should keep their unique confirmation number until at least September 30, 2023.