Rhodes Scholarship 2023 is Fully Funded to study at the University of Oxford and it’s officially open for international students. This scholarship award is available for Masters and Ph.D. candidates. A living stipend of £17,310 per annum is provided and the University and College fee and their application fees are covered.
The Rhodes Scholarship is awarded to students to pursue their studies at the University of Oxford. This is one of the oldest graduate scholarships awarded to international students all over the world. And provide students who are talented and dedicated the opportunity to study at Oxford.
READ ALSO: British Chevening Scholarship 2023 – Fully Funded
The Rhodes Scholarship was established in 1902. And every year, Rhodes awards 100 Scholarships to International Students worldwide. As a Rhodes Scholar, you will go to the UK for two or more years and can also apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by the University.
This article will list the steps to follow and also all you need to know to become a Rhodes Scholar. Rhodes Scholarship 2023 is highly competitive, so you need to ensure your application is outstanding. The Rhodes Trust makes their selection of 100 talented students from 22 countries for a Fully Funded Masters and Ph.D. Scholarships. The complete information about the Rhodes Scholarship Application is available below.
Rhodes Scholarship 2023 University of Oxford
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom.
- University: University of Oxford.
- Number of Scholarships: 100.
- Host Organization: Rhodes Trust.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- Course Level: Post Graduate courses (Masters, Ph.D. M/Phil).
- Study Field: This scholarship covers a wide range of courses, offered by the University of Oxford for pst graduate scholars.
- Opening Date: 1st June 2022.
READ ALSO: AUC Scholarship Fund 2022-2023 – Study in the Netherlands
Rhodes Scholarship 2023 Coverage
This scholarship provides scholars with coverage for the following:
- The University and College Fees, and the University Application Fee.
- A living Stipend (£17,310 Per Annum) (For Living & Accommodation Expenses)
- An Economy class Air ticket to Oxford University at the start of your scholarship studies. And then another Economy flight back to your home country at the end of the scholarship.
- Study Visa Fee.
- International Health Surcharge (IHS).
- On Arrival in Oxford, Scholars will receive a Settling in Allowance of (£225).
- At the end of the 2 years Scholarship, students whose academic performance and personal conduct are satisfactory may be extended for the third year. This is for those who take a recognized route to the Ph.D.
Rhodes Scholarship 2023 Eligibility
To become a Rhodes Scholar, these are the criteria to consider to become eligible:
- You should have completed your Bachelor’s Degree education.
- You must also have an outstanding academic record.
- The required language is English.
- The Age limits vary between constituencies. But it ranges from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In some other constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25 years.
- The Rhodes scholarship University of Oxford eligibility criteria varies from country to country. Select your country here.
READ ALSO: University of Alberta Scholarships in Canada 2022 | Fully Funded
List of Countries Eligible for Rhodes Scholarship 2023
Here is a list of Rhodes Scholarship constituencies. The 100 Rhodes Scholarships are divided among these countries.
- East Africa: This covers Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi.
- Hong Kong.
- Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean: This covers Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands.
- New Zealand.
- Saudi Arabia.
- Southern Africa: This covers South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini.
- Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine.
- United Arab Emirates.
- The United States of America.
- West Africa: This covers Benin Republic, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé, and Principe, and Togo.
READ ALSO: How to Get a German Student Visa – Application to Study in Germany
Deadline for Rhodes Scholarship 2023
The last date to send in your application to be considered by the Rhodes Trust is 1st August 2022. The Rhodes Scholarship opened on 1st June 2022.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship?
Here are some of the required documents you will need to submit an application for the scholarship:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities.
- Your personal statement or essay.
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language).
- Birth certificate.
- Four reference letters (A reference letter should not include people to whom you are related).
The Application for Rhodes Scholarship application for 2023 entry is also different for each constituency. Choose your country and get detailed information on it. To Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2023, Visit the Official website of the Rhodes Scholarship.