The University of Alberta is a First premier University, and also a public research university. All expenses concerning students and scholarships are also covered.
University of Alberta
According to the official purpose of the university, stated on their website, “The University of Alberta has always been more than a university. It’s a dynamic environment with new breakthroughs, new perspectives, and new stories to tell. We believe purpose can be found here…come find yours”.
You can begin your journey with a University of Alberta Scholarship. There are about 200 Undergraduate programs, More than 500 graduate programs, 250 specializations, and 300 research areas at the University. And as a plus, you will not be required to take the English Language exams. Yes, you can study with IELTS!
There are also living expenses provided to scholarship recipients, to ease the schooling period as much as possible. For some of the scholarships, you will not have to apply separately. Implying that You will also be automatically considered for the U of A Scholarship when you get admission.
Details on Alberta University Scholarships 2022 – 2023 in Canada
- Country: Canada
- University Name: Alberta University
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D., Diploma, or Certificate programs
- Scholarships Offered By: the University of Alberta, Different Organizations, and Canadian Government Funded Scholarships
- Scholarships Coverage: Multiple Types of Scholarships
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Available Studies for Undergraduates, and Graduates
Alberta University offers more than 200 Undergraduate Programs, 500 Graduate programs, 250 specializations, and also 300 research areas for students. These provide students with a wide range of options to choose from. Some of the available fields in sciences and arts include;
- Medicine & Dentistry.
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Public Health.
- Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences.
- Alberta School of Business.
- Fine Arts and Humanities.
- Social Sciences.
- Native Studies.
- Rehabilitation Medicine.
Benefits of UAlberta Scholarship Programs
The scholarship programs are an amazing opportunity to study for free in Canada. There are lots of domestic and international Scholarships awarded by the university. The Scholarships, prizes, and awards are given to outstanding candidates and are funded by different sources like; the Government of Canada, and the Government of Alberta. Some of them include;
- Entrance scholarships (Automatic Consideration) For Undergraduate, Graduates.
- International Student Scholarships: Value: Up to $9,000; payable over four years.
- University of Alberta Gold Standard Scholarship: Value: Up to $6,000.
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship: $5,000/Year.
- University of Alberta Master’s Entrance Scholarship: Stipend: $17,500 (International students will receive an additional $10,000 to help cover fees).
- Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES): Minimum award of $11,000 and maximum of 15,000.
Best and Brightest Scholarships in UAlberta
Some of the Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships in UAlberta and include the following:
- George and Marsha Ivany President’s First & Best Scholarships
Value: $40,000 ($10,000/year over four years).
- Chancellors’ Scholarships
Value: $30,000 ($7,500/year over four years).
- U of S Entrance Scholarships
Value: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years).
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships
Value: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years).
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources Renewable Entrance Scholarships
Value: $12,000 ($3,000/year over four years).
To read more and do more research on Undergraduate Scholarships click Here. Lots of other Alberta Undergraduate Scholarships are also available Here. And for Graduate students, you can read more on the Alberta Graduate Scholarships Here.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Alberta Scholarships
These are the criteria to meet up to be considered for the University of Alberta scholarship;
- Canadian Citizens and International students are all eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have finished High School are eligible to apply for Bachelors / Undergraduate degree programs.
- Applicants who have successfully completed their Undergraduate Degree are also eligible to apply for the Master’s degree programs and other graduate programs available at the university.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree programs at the University of Alberta can apply for a Ph.D. program.
- Applicants belong to these Countries or applicants who have studied in these Universities do not need the English Language Certificate. (Check Here)
- Late applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply for the University of Alberta Scholarships
The application process for UAlberta is done online. To Apply Online, Please go to the Official Website of the University of Alberta for more detailed information on Scholarships.