With Facebook, you are able to connect with friends and family, sell your goods and services and more. Although Facebook has a lot of benefits, you may come to a time in your life when you may just want to delete your account. Below are some easy steps on how to delete an accont on Facebook.
Steps on How to Delete an Account
The steps on How to delete an account is quite easy. If you feel you have become isolated from your loved ones and you want to take a break from your Facebook account and delete the Account, follow the steps below.
Please note that you can either;
- Deactivate your Facebook account and return back to your Facebook account after a while or
- Delete your Facebook account permanently and you will never be able to return to it again or retrieve it.
Before you want to go about deleting your account permanently, you might want to really think about it. This is because, once you delete account permanently, it is gone for good.
How to Partially Delete your Account
I stated earlier that you can delete the account and still maintain the information and data in it for restoration later. To delete your account partially, follow these steps;
- Go to your Facebook page by visiting facebook.com.
- Login to Facebook account or the Facebook account you want to delete.
- Then click on the arrow pointing down from the top corner of your homepage.
- Select the ‘settings’ option.
- Next, Select ‘security’ option.
- Then select ‘deactivate account’.
- Just follow on-screen instructions to complete the steps.
Once you do this, your Facebook Account profile will become invisible to other users until the time when you login Facebook with your Email, and the Facebook account will be restored.
How to Permanently Delete an Account
But if you are on how to permanently delete your account, then follow the steps below;
- Click on the arrow down button on the top right side of your home page
- Then click on settings and download your data (if you want to)
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Select ‘delete my account’
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete the step.
Once you do this, it will take Facebook a period of 90 days to completely delete your Facebook Account details and all its history. The 90 days given by Facebook is done so if a Facebook user changes their mind to delete Facebook account during the 90 days period, they can still retrieve their Facebook account with all the information it contains.