The University of Sydney Scholarship for 2023 | Application Process
Launch your academic journey in Australia. Applications for the University of Sydney Scholarship are currently ongoing. This piece will go into great detail about this scholarship, its perks, and the step-by-step application process.
International students can apply for the University of Sydney 2022/2023 scholarship, which is partially sponsored. This scholarship is available to University’s undergraduate students. This Scholarship is worth $6,000 and covers one year of undergraduate study. Click here to find all the available programs.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sydney
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Host Country: Australia
- Program Period: One year
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
University of Sydney Australia Scholarship for 2023 | Scholarships Description
- The Sydney Scholarship is worth $6,000 and is valid for one year of an undergraduate degree.
- Following each semester’s census date, the Scholarship will be paid out in two equal payments.
- The Scholarship can be postponed for up to two years. Without first obtaining the Scholarships Office’s approval, the Scholarship cannot be postponed.
- The Scholarship can be applied to any undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. It is necessary to request the Scholarships Office’s approval before transferring a scholarship.
Required Qualifications for a University of Sydney Scholarship
Candidates must satisfy each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for the University of Sydney Australia Scholarship for 2023:
- English is a required language.
- You must be a domestic student (including New Zealand nationals) or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC).
- Apply for admission through UAC.
- You must possess a 95 or higher on the ATAR (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and for the Sydney Dental School, you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above).
Application Process for the University of Sydney Scholarship
Please adhere to the guidelines below when applying for this scholarship:
Research: University of Sydney Australia Scholarship for 2023 provides 12 students or equivalents who are starting their studies in 2023 with the opportunity to apply for scholarships of $6,000 per year (for domestic as well as international students finishing high school) and valid for one year.
Students that receive an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 (inclusive) or equivalent along with a college essay will be eligible for the scholarships. You need to have the University of Sydney listed as one of your preferences throughout the application period, i.e. from April 2023 to January 2024.
Please keep in mind that if you do not list one of our courses in your preferences, we will be unable to access your ATAR and will be unable to offer you a scholarship. Successful applicants enrolled in any undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney will receive scholarships.
An Australian, a New Zealander, or a person with a permanent visa qualifies as a domestic student.
Participate: At the University of Sydney, we seek out students who are well-rounded and who exhibit leadership qualities via their participation in extracurricular, community, and academic activities. Every activity you engage in is relevant, so keep track of it and let us know what you’ve been up to. In addition to the Sydney Scholarship, you may be eligible for a variety of faculty-specific scholarships. Many of them will take your leadership abilities and extracurricular activities into account. Please click here for further details.
Additional Considerations: Do some research online before applying for one of our equity scholarships or requesting to be given preference based on hardship. You must submit an application for an Equity Scholarship through UAC in addition to your Sydney Scholarship application to the University of Sydney in order to be eligible.
Personal Statement: You should include a Personal Statement with your application. Your personal statement serves as both your introduction to the university as well as a chance for us to learn more about you and see what you’ve accomplished. You should save your personal statement as a separate document so that you may copy and paste it into the online form. Please be aware that each response to the six questions in the personal statement is limited to 1,000 characters.
Submission: You may submit your application whenever you’re ready. Don’t worry; you are free to make changes to your application. Just send us a new, updated application. After the deadline, no amendments or applications will be accepted. Your final application will be the most current one you have submitted. Once your application has been submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation email.
For further information about the Sydney Scholars Awards, please visit the official website: