Pinterest Marketing Strategy – Pinterest Marketing:
Having a Pinterest marketing strategy is important if you intend to use the platform to increase sales and awareness of your business. Pinterest marketing sets to target Pinterest users by posting content that’s too irresistible for us to pass up.
With over 250 million people on Pinterest, a planned Pinterest marketing strategy works. By utilizing the visual platform, you can generate organic traffic back to your website and also increase awareness of your business or brand. When you start to make use of a Pinterest marketing strategy, you will also need to create appealing visuals and graphics. This is because about 90% of users say they look to content on the platform to make purchase decisions.
Pinterest Statistics for Pinterest Marketing
Pinterest statistics are an essential part of how to market on Pinterest with marketing strategies both on and off the platform. These statistics help marketers understand the Pinterest audiences and also identify trending content.
For successful Pinterest marketing, here are some of the most important Pinterest statistics every marketer needs to know to plan and execute a successful Pinterest marketing strategy for their brand.
See below how Pinterest stats measure up against other social media networks and beyond;
1. Pinterest is the 14th largest social network in the world.
Pinterest ranks below social networks like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat – but ahead of Twitter.
2. The platform now has 459 million monthly active users.
For an effective Pinterest marketing strategy, it’s important to note that Pinterest gained more than 100 million monthly active users in 2020.
3. Monthly international user figures grew by 46% in 2020.
Pinterest’s Q4 2020 Shareholder Report shows that a significant share of the company’s growth took place outside of the United States. International monthly active users rose to 361 million in 2020.
4. International revenue more than doubled in Q4 2020.
In addition to the international user growth, Pinterest also gained a significant amount of ad momentum in international markets—“especially in Western Europe,” the company said in a letter to shareholders. This is important for small businesses and brands, as it opens up opportunities for increasing brand awareness and also purchases.
5. At 60% of women, the gender divide on Pinterest may be narrowing.
Women have always outranked men on Pinterest. But in a recent blog post, the company’s global Head of Business Marketing identified men as one of the platform’s fastest-growing demographics. The number of Pinners also increased by nearly 50% in 2020. These are important stats for Pinterest marketing. As it helps businesses target their expected audience better.
6. The number of Gen Z users grew by 40% between 2019 and 2020.
In terms of generational demographics, Pinterest saw lots of growth in 2020 with Gen Z. So maybe they’re not spending all their time on one platform. This also means that brands and businesses on Pinterest can plan better strategies to target this new growing audience.
7. 6x more businesses used shopping ads in Q4 2020.
The shopping ad format is currently only available in just 28 countries in North America and Europe. Pinterest Shopping is among the platform strategic plans for 2021. This means that the format will be available in more countries soon.
8. Women aged 25-34 represent about 30.4% of Pinterest’s ad audience.
Women outrank men users in every age group. It is also particularly visible in the 25 to 34 bracket. This is an important stat in your Pinterest marketing strategy.
9. Weekly conversions on Pinterest grew by 300% last year.
This Pinterest stat suggests that people were not just engaging with shopping, they were also checking out too. In your Pinterest marketing strategy, remember that Pinterest recently introduced a variety of features that made it easier to shop on the platform.
10. Pinners are about 70% more likely to engage with product tags in scenes.
This Pinterest stat matters in your Pinterest marketing strategy if conversions and sales are a key part of your marketing strategy.
11. Collection ads drive a 6-18% increase in total basket size.
Collection ads are important on how to market on Pinterest. It allows marketers to promote multiple products in the same Pin.
12. Pins with “new” in overlay text lead to 9x higher aided awareness.
According to data on Pinterest, users notice when things are “new.” They also remember them more, too. In your Pinterest marketing strategy, ensure to add the word when you’re launching something new, or new and improved.
13. Nearly half of total ad spend used automatic bidding in Q4 2020.
Pinterest also rolled out automatic bidding for shopping in October 2020. By the end of the year, that’s how almost 50% of ad spend on the platform was being funneled.
14. Nearly 92% of Pinterest advertisers rank the platform first for reputation.
In a poll of Pinterest advertisers (conducted by Pinterest), 92% of respondents ranked Pinterest first on overall reputation. And this is ahead of eight leading platforms.
15. Advertisers can reach more than 200 million people on Pinterest.
Pinterest’s change in advertising reach went up by 6.2% and may also continue to rise over the year. A part of this increase is as a result of Pinterest adding more countries to its ad targeting portfolio. As a growing brand or business, these stats will help you position yourself better for more organic growth.
16. About 82% of people use Pinterest on mobile.
17. People watch close to one billion videos a day on Pinterest.
18. About 95% of the top searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
19. About 85% of users say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.
20. The number of boards created increased by 35% in 2020.
21. Holiday planning starts as early as 9 months ahead of time.
22. About 8 in 10 Pinterest users say the platform makes them feel positive.
How to Market on Pinterest
Now that we have explored important stats for a better Pinterest marketing strategy, see more on how to market on Pinterest. For businesses and brands that want more awareness, organic website traffic, leads, and sales, note the following;
- Set up a Pinterest business account.
- Create or establish your Pinterest branding.
- Create and attach your website to your Pinterest account.
- Determine your Pinterest audience.
- Then create your first 10 Pinterest boards.
- Also, design customized covers for your Pinterest boards.
- Proceed to plan your pining calendar.
- Also, consider Pinterest advertising.
Pinterest marketing is always a unique way to reach out to new audiences and also grow your business. Growing your all overall brand or business awareness on Pinterest will also lead to an increase in revenue. An effective Pinterest marketing strategy will lead to a growth in organic website traffic and also increase leads, email subscriptions, and sales.