How to Delete a Google Account: So you have too many Google account and you want to get rid of some of them and you don’t know how? Or maybe you have other reasons you want to delete google account, I’ll just tell you how to delete a Google account.
You can delete google account and all the messages in it. And thought Gmail will ask you to click numerous times, of course, and for your password, too. Closing your Gmail account and deleting the mail in it is pretty straightforward a task.
Delete Google Account – How to delete a Google Account
Deleting your Google Account will affect all data associated with that Google account and any services you use, like Gmail, Google Play, or YouTube.
So, you can at any point delete your Google Account, but you may not be able to restore it. You can also remove your account from a Nexus device, Pixel phone, or other Android devices without deleting your account.
How to Delete a Google Account
If you want to know how to delete a Google account, then this is for you;
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Then select Delete your account or services under the Account preferences.
- Proceed to click on Delete Products.
Note: You can also choose to erase a Gmail Account and associated Data to remove your entire Gmail account (this includes Google Docs, your search history, AdWords, and AdSense as well as other Google services).
- Then select the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Proceed to type in the password to the account.
- Click Next.
- Click on the trashcan icon (?) next to Gmail.
- Enter a different email address from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under.
- Enter an email address in the “How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box”.Note: Have in mind that Gmail may have already entered the secondary address you used when creating the Google account. This means that the alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username. It is also important that you enter an email address to which you have access. You need the email address to complete deleting your Gmail account.
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Then open the email from Google (no-reply@ ) with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link sent in the message.
- If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion, select Yes, I want to delete example@ permanently from my Google Account.
- Click Delete Gmail. Note that you cannot undo this step. This means that after you click on Delete Gmail, your Gmail account and messages are gone.
- Click Done.
How to Erase Gmail Account | What Happens When you Remove Google Account
Since we’ve now known how to erase a Gmail account, let’s find out what happens once you remove Google Account. Once you remove Google account, you’ll not be able to use the following:
- Your information stored in Google Chrome.
- Services you have to sign in to, like Gmail, Drive, and Calendar.
- Your Gmail username. After you delete your username, it cannot be used again by you or anyone else.
- All data associated with your account, including emails and photos.
- Contents bought from Google Play, like Apps, games, movies, or music.
- Subscriptions and content you purchased on YouTube, like movies and TV shows.