How to change your Facebook name: If you want to know how to change your Facebook name, then this post is for you. With a Facebook name change, Facebook allows users to change their names easily. But be sure to get the name you want right before submitting, as you will not be allowed to make any change for the next 60 days.
It is important you have an idea on how to change your name on Facebook because there may be times when you will have the need for it. Perhaps you’ve outgrown a childhood nickname. Or you’ve gotten married or adopted and want to update your surname.
If it’s time to change your name on the social network and you want to know how to change your Facebook name, here’s what to do.
How to Change Your Facebook Name
The steps on how to change your Facebook name are quite easy and can be done by anyone.
- To change your name on Facebook, move to the Settings screen. You can get to it by clicking on the arrow in the top right corner and then clicking Settings.
- Just next to Name, click on Edit
- Once you do that, you’ll then be able to edit and change your name to whatever you want.
- Proceed to click Review Change and then enter your password and click Save Changes.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook | How to Add Other Names
If you’ve got a professional name, nickname, or any other name people can easily find you with but want to be added to your Facebook profile, then you can do just that. Adding these names will help people find you in searches, for example, you’d show up for searches for both your maiden and married names.
Here are some easy steps with pictures on how to change your Facebook name;
- After you log in to your Facebook account, go to the Settings screen.
- You can get to it when you click on the arrow in the top right corner and then clicking Settings.
- Next, to Name, click Edit.
- Click on Add Other Names..
- The move on to click on “Add A Nickname, A Birth Name…”
- When you click on it, you will then be able to select the kind of name you want to add from the drop-down option.
- The name you enter can be your Nickname, Maiden name or Birth name. Just enter whatever name you desire.
- Once you make these changes and check the Show at Top of Profile checkbox, the name you picked will be shown in brackets after your Facebook profile name. For example from the picture above, the Facebook profile will read as Harry Guinness (Hazza), with Hazza as the Nickname.
- If you don’t check the box, then the nickname you chose will not be visible on your Facebook profile name.
- Afte making the desired changes, click on Save Changes and the new name will then be added to your Facebook profile.
How to Change Your Facebook Name | Rules?
If you want to know how to change your Facebook name, its only wise you know Facebook’s name change policy. This is because Facebook can reject your name change it doesn’t follow the Facebook naming policy. I’ll list some of the rules below, but you can always read up the policy on Facebook:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious)
- Words or phrases in place of a name
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
- You are also required to use your real name.
Also note that after changing your name on Facebook, you will not be able to make any other Facebook name change in the next 60 days. You may also be limited int he number of times you can change names, so make your changes count.
Images from https://www.howtogeek.com/