This Facebook Ph.D. fellowship scholarship is offered in computer science, computer engineering, or other related fields. Successful applicants of this are entitled to receive two years of study fees, and other coverage to make the duration of their Ph.D. study easy.
All applications received for the fully funded Facebook Ph.D. Fellowship 2023 scholarship will be assessed based on merit. This means that it will be assessed by the scholarship board based on the strength of the students publishing record, research statement, and letter of recommendation. This Facebook Fellowship Scholarship intends to encourage, reward, and also offer assistance to talented and promising doctoral students. Students who are involved in innovative and applicable studies in fields that are relevant to computer science and engineering.
Facebook Ph.D. Fellowship Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Ph.D.
- Funded By: Facebook
- Place of Study: An accredited university in any country.
- Opportunity Focus Areas: STEM
- Duration: Two years.
- Deadline: August 3rd, 2022 to September 20th, 2022.
Facebook Fellowship Scholarship Coverage
Facebook Ph.D. Fellowship 2023 Program will provide coverage for the following:
- A $42,000 grant (a one-time payment during each academic year).
- Provide coverage for tuition and fees, and will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters).
- Conference travel supports Up to $5000.
- Sponsored visit to the Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit.
- Your tuition money will be paid directly to the school. While the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow unless specified otherwise. The stipends received are taxable as allowed by the local law.
Eligibility Criteria for Facebook Fellowship Sponsorship
To become eligible for the Facebook Fellowship Ph.D. sponsorship, you must meet the following criteria:
- RThe required Language is English.
- Applicants in all countries are eligible to apply.
- Prospective students must have their work relating to one or more relevant disciplines (STEM).
- Candidates must be full-time Ph.D. students, currently involved in ongoing research. and who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students must also be enrolled during the academic year(s) which the Fellowship is being awarded for.
- First or second-year Ph.D. students who fit these criteria of being in an underrepresented minority group in the technology sector, also have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Students should also not apply for Facebook (Meta) Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook (Meta) through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook (Meta) researcher.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program
Please follow the following steps to apply for Facebook Fellowship Program:
- Check-in constantly with the application page Here. (Applications open on August 3, 2022).
- Applicants will need to make use of their Facebook accounts to apply.
- A 500-word research summary that identifies clearly the area of focus, its importance to the field, and applicability to Meta (Facebook) of the anticipated research during the award.
- You must include two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. Candidates will be asked to provide their references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
To read more about the Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit the Official Website