Do you know that you can shop or make purchases on eBay without an eBay account? This means that you can sign in to eBay as a guest and make purchases. However, you will lose the benefits of having an account. eBay is an e-commerce corporation that deals in consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales via its website.
On eBay, you can buy a wide variety of household appliances, working tools, vehicle parts and accessories, clothing, collectibles and art, and other goods and services.
When you sign in and buy as a guest on eBay, you can keep track of your purchases and return any items you have bought. On the contrary, you will not be able to use My eBay to track your activity, message other members, or sell your unwanted items. If you purchase any products as a guest on eBay, you have to sign in as a guest to view your order. As a result, you can proceed as follows:
- If you are logged in to eBay, log out to prevent any error messages.
- Examine your email for your eBay order confirmation. The subject lines begin with ‘’Guest Order’’.
- Click View order details in the email.
- Then input your email address and access code to log in as a guest user.
- You can choose to contact the seller or return the item from the order details.
How to Make Purchases As a Guest on eBay
As soon as you find an item you’d love to buy, you can proceed to checkout to complete your purchase. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- On the listing, select ‘’Buy It Now’’.
- Click ‘’Check out as a guest’’.
- Enter your email address, shipping information, and payment information.
- Lastly, click ‘’Confirm’’ and ‘’Pay’’.
You can buy as a guest on eBay as long as:
- You can pay for the item using Apple Pay, a credit card, a debit card, Google Pay, or PayPal.
- The product costs less than $5,000.
- You can purchase the item using Buy It Now. If you want to bid on an auction or send a Best Offer to a seller, you will need an eBay account.
With eBay sign-in as a guest, you can contact sellers, track items, and much more.
How to Track Order As a Guest
If your seller sends your item using a tracked delivery service, you can follow your item’s progress to your shipping address. As a guest, you can track your order here.
- Locate your eBay guest confirmation email. The subject line begins with ‘’Order Confirmed’’.
- Click ‘’View Order Details’’.
- Then tap ‘’Show Shipping Details’’.
After that, you will see a delivery bar status with a delivery company, the item’s current tracking location, and a tracking number. However, if you can’t find the tracking information, you can click ‘’Contact Seller’’ on the Order Details Page and ask if they will upload the tracking number.
eBay Sign In As a Guest
In the meantime, you can make purchases on eBay without an eBay account. On the eBay platform, there is a sign-in guest feature that allows you to order items on eBay without creating an eBay account. Thus, we’ll be giving you a step-by-step guide on how to sign in to eBay as a guest.
- First, you need to add the item that you want to buy to the shopping cart by using the blue ‘’Add to Cart’’ button.
- Now you can sign in to eBay as a guest using the following link:
- eBay.com USA [global]
- eBay.com.uk UK
- eBay.ca Canada
- eBay.com.au Australia
- Then select ‘’Continue as guest’’.
- Enter your shipping address and go through PayPal payment to complete the process.
After you’ve successfully made your purchase, you have the option to set up an account on eBay. But this is a voluntary option. With that, you can see how simple it is to buy goods on eBay without logging in.