Gamespot was launched on May 1, 1996, and created by Pete Deemer, Vince Broady, and Jon Epstein. But was then purchased by ZDNet, a brand which was also later purchased by CNET Networks. The current owners of Gamespot are CBS Interactive, which purchased CNET Networks in 2008.
Gamespot.com is the world’s leading source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U
Gamespot.com | Categories on Gamespot
There are lots of categories found on Gamespot. From the PS4 to the forums where you can post comments and so much more. The moment you log in to Gamespot.com, you will find the categories at the top part of the page. These categories found on Gamespot.com include:
- Gamespot PS4
- Xbox One
- More: Under this icon, once you click on it, more category options will be displayed for you. There include:
There is also another category also found at the top of the page. there include;
- Reviews: These are for Gamespot reviews
- News: For Gamespot news.
- Videos: Under this category, we have; All Videos, Trailers, Reboot, Gamespot news, The Lobby, New releases, Gamespot Live, Let’s Play, Now Playing, and Quick Look.
One of the unique factors about Gamespot.com is the fact that the website allows users to write their own reviews, blogs and also post on the site’s forums.
Gamespot.com | How to Sign Up / Sign In on Gamespot
For you to be given access to play the amazing games on Gamespot like Gamespot PS4, you will have to sign up if you are a new user or sign in for old users. To sign up for Gamespot, just follow the steps below:
- Enter www.gamespot.com on any browser of your choice, e.g Safari, Chrome.
- Once it launches, it will open up the home page for you, and at the top right corner, you will see the Join/Sign in sign, just click on Join.
- Once you do that, it will direct you to another page for you to fill in your details
- You can either join using your social media handles from Facebook, Google or Twitter, or you can sign up using your email and a username.
- Creating the account is pretty straightforward.
But if you are already an old user, follow the steps below to sign in to Gamespot:
- Launch www.gamespot.com on your browser.
- At the top right corner, click on Sign In.
- Then proceed to fill in your username and password, or by clicking on any of the social media handles you used to create the Gamespot account.
Gamespot Subscriptions | Gamespot.com
Formerly, GameSpot had a paid subscription service known as “GameSpot Complete”. But on February 21, 2006, this paid subscription model was changed. It now maintains two paid membership services: Total Access and Plus.
Total Access is a form of replacement of GameSpot Complete since it is still the same price of US$5.95 per month or $39.95 per year and offers the same basic benefits. The second premium service, GameSpot Plus, is a cheaper, intermediate-level service.