This Facebook Video Downloader now makes it faster and easier to download Facebook videos for free with just a click.
Facebook Video Downloader | How to Save Videos from Facebook
Here is a guide you can follow on how to download Facebook videos or how to save videos from Facebook using a Facebook Video Downloader. It is also important to note that there are two kinds of Facebook videos, The Public Facebook Video and the Private Facebook Video;
How to Download a Public Facebook Video Using a Facebook Video Downloader
- First get the Facebook video URL
- Before you start to download Facebook videos, ensure that the Facebook video is hosted on the Facebook servers, and that its privacy setting is public.
Be sure the video you are trying to download is hosted on Facebook servers and its privacy is public. Then right click to open the Facebook video in a new tab. Proceed to copy the URL of the video from your web browser.
- Then open the Facebook video Downloader online. “https://keepvid.com/sites/download-facebook-video.html”
Open the Facebook video downloader link above, and paste the copied video URL in the video URL box as shown in the screenshot below. Then tap the “Download” button.
- Download and save Facebook video in the required quality.
You can download Facebook videos in either high resolution quality or low resolution quality.
The moment the find the Facebook vidoe quality that suits your need, just right click and choose the “Save link as” option to save Facebook video to your device.
But if you cant downlaod the Facebook video, then it may just be as a result of the privacy setting of the video uploader.
How to Download a Private Facebook Video | Facebook Video Downloader
Just like I said earlier, Private Facebook video are Facebook videos whose privacy is set as “private” or not “public” by the video uploader. These kind of Facebook videos cannot be downloaded by just using the URL of the Facebook video downloader.
To download Facebook videos or save Facebook video that are on “Private”, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the “page source” of the private Facebook video.
- Right click and open the video in a new tab.
- Again, right click on the page and choose “View page source”.
- Make sure to copy the entire page source.
- Then open the private Facebook Video Downloader.
- Open this link “https://keepvid.com/sites/download-facebook-video.html” and paste the source code in the box as displayed in the screenshot below.
Then click on the download button.
- Proceed to download and save Facebook video.
- You can also identify the quality you want, and right click to choose the “Save link as” to save Facebook video to your device.
Facebook Video Downloader | How to download a Facebook Video to PC using Google Chrome.
- Open your Facebook account in Google Chrome.
- You can use the Google Chrome Web Developer tools to locate the link for the Facebook private video you want.
- Open the link of the Facebook video you want to download by clicking on the video in the videos folder right under photos in your profile.
- Or click on the time that you posted the video so you can open the page where the video is shown on its own. The video then opens on its own page.
- Click on the Chrome menu button. You’ll find this option at the upper-right corner of the window. Move your cursor to tools, and choose “Developer tools”. once you do this, a small bar will appears at the rear of the web page. Just click on the “Unlock” button found on the bottom left corner so the Developer tools can be opened in a separate window.
- Then click on the Network tab in the Developer tools. This option opens a list of items on your current web page.
- You will also have to play the video, for it to appear. Ensure you play the video from start to finish in the Facebook window. After the video is finished, click on the “Type” column so you can sort out the lists of objects by their file type. Then move down till you find the video labeled “video/mp4”.
Note: If the Facebook video is played, and the file is not seen, keep the developer tools open and refresh the Facebook page with the video. Remember to also play the video again from start to finish, and check the list. You may have to do this several times for the video to appear.
- Right click on the video address in the “Name” column, and choose “Open link in new tab”. Once you do this, a new tab will open just with the video.
- Right click on the video, choose “Save video as…” and then pick the location you want to save Facebook video and the name you want to name the video.