Facebook Protect – How to Turn On Facebook Protect.
Do you use Facebook and have no idea what Facebook Protect is? As we are all aware, Facebook has a ton of functions, and these are the best ones. Facebook Protect is one of the newest features offered by the business. People can easily secure their accounts from unauthorized access using this function. And in the meantime, you can secure your account right from the app with this capability, just like with third-party two-step authentication. Additionally, users will find it quite simple to access and enable this feature. You may activate it quickly by simply following the instructions.
What’s most crucial to understand about this is that by turning it on, your account is safeguarded and protected. You need not be concerned about utilizing two-step authentication as long as you have it. This is so that your account can be protected right from the app. Thanks to the feature, it functions just like other features on the app.
READ ALSO: Bank of Scotland Online Banking – Review
How does Facebook Protect work?
Facebook Protect is a feature that safeguards your account against hackers and scammers. Thanks to this, no one other than you will be able to access your account. This feature may be used with your Facebook account.
Due to the account’s size expansion, this feature is mostly designed for large-size accounts. Continue reading to learn how to activate it and secure your account.
Activating Facebook Protect
Simply follow the procedures that are outlined below to enable Facebook Protect through Facebook. The steps are as follows:
The steps are as follows:
- Log into your account by visiting the official Facebook website with a computer browser.
- Alternatively, launch the Facebook app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Click on the top of the homepage of your Facebook page to view your profile.
- Then click on “settings & privacy,” and tap “settings.”
- To log in, touch security.
- Under the Facebook protect, select “getting started.”
- Click Next on the Facebook benefits display screen.
- Your account will be checked for any possible vulnerabilities, and after that, Facebook’s Protect will turn on suggestions for what needs to be fixed. Two-factor authentication will be one of them, or perhaps a harder password.
- After selecting a fix now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish activating Facebook Protect.
Why am I unable to use Facebook Protect?
Facebook’s protest publication is reaching an increasing number of users. If Facebook’s Protect isn’t working for you but you still want to boost your account security, you can learn what to do to enable two-factor authentication.
Two-factor authentication allows you to strengthen the security of your account by requiring a security key, login codes from a third-party authentication software, or text message (SMS) codes that are delivered to your mobile device when you access it.
What is the Best Way to Tell if an Email I Received About this Feature is Credible?
To determine if Facebook sent the email you got about Facebook Protect, be sure that its sender address was firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password will never be requested by Facebook through email or Facebook messages.
Additionally, the Facebook email warnings don’t include any links or sign-in buttons that would let you use the service or access Facebook.
If you cannot verify the source and are unsure the content is secure, do not click links or open attachments. Watch out for fraud attempts.