CBS Shows online Video auditions for CBS talent scouts
There’s an Open video audition going on for new, breakout talents nationwide this month and next.
CBS through its CBS Drama Diversity Casting Initiative is presently taking online submissions from actors that would like to get the attention of CBS principal casting directors to be considered for some principal and speaking roles in upcoming TV pilots that will be starting production in early 2017.
The goal of the CBS Shows online open audition is to be able to reach talent found in smaller markets who may not have access to talent agents, and also find actors that are currently unknown, and bring them to the attention of some major Hollywood casting directors and even showrunners.
The process involved in submitting for this opportunity is made up of 3 phases:
- The first phase will take place online. CBS has set up a website where actors from across the country will be able to download a monologue, record themselves performing this monologue and also upload the audition video to the website to be reviewed by casting directors.
- The actors that are selected from their video auditions will then be contacted to do a live audition in person. audition. Some prominent casting directors in Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco and Austin will also be contacting the selected actors to come in and meet with them. The actors must also be able to travel, at their own expense, to one of this listed cities on the audition dates which are listed below.
- All actors making the cut will then be flown to Los Angeles in December for a screen test with the network. CBS network will be in charge of the travel expenses in the final “screen test” round.
Audition schedule | CBS Shows online
Phase 1 involves an online open casting call (“The Audition”)
All submissions from actors will be accepted from October 13th – October 28th, 2016
Phase 2 involves Regional Casting Session, also known as “The Callback”
The selected actors (per region) will receive an invite for callback sessions, where they will get to rehearse their scenes with a CBS Casting Executive and also a local Casting Director before going on tape.
The Callbacks will take place in five designated cities: AUSTIN, ATLANTA, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO and MIAMI.
Actors/Applicants should only apply if they will be able to travel, at their own expense, to one of the cities listed above on the dates listed below.
The Regional casting sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- AUSTIN, TX – November 3 – 4, 2016
- ATLANTA, GA – November 7 – 9, 2016
- CHICAGO, IL – November 2 – 4, 2016
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA – November 10 – 11, 2016
- MIAMI, FL – November 10 – 11, 2016
Phase 3: LOS ANGELES (“The Screen Test”)
The Screen Test is scheduled for the week of December 12th, 2016
A total of 14-16 Actors will be chosen from the regional casting sessions and flown to Los Angeles by CBS for a screen test.
Actors should only apply if they will be available to travel to Los Angeles during the week of December 12th, 2016. All travel expenses and accommodations will be provided by CBS per the Program Terms.
Interested Actors can apply through the page that CBS setup for the project.
A Nationwide Program Timed to Pilot Season to Find New Breakout Talent
It started Oct. 13
The Selected Actors Will Have the Opportunity for a Network Screen Test
New Initiative Builds upon the Network’s Long-Running,
Successful Sketch Comedy Showcase
Beginning Thursday, Oct. 13, through Friday, Oct. 28, actors 18 and older can submit a self-taped monologue via www.CBSDiversity.com. This initiative is focused on increasing opportunities for people belonging to groups that have traditionally been underrepresented, including Asian American, African American, Latino, Pacific Islander, Native American, LGBTQ actors and also performers with disabilities. The Actors should possess a strong dramatic talent and also a technical skill set.
According to Glenn Geller, the President CBS Entertainment…
“This outreach is a real opportunity for CBS to discover actors located across the country, outside of Los Angeles and New York, who haven’t had the chance to meet or be seen by network casting executives,” “We’ve had great success with our CBS Diversity Sketch Comedy Showcase, which launched the careers of numerous actors, and we are confident this will do the same.”
The CBS shows online ongoing talent initiatives are part of the CBS Diversity Institute. This a comprehensive program that has being designed to identify and also develop diversity and inclusion within the directing, writing and talent communities.
Also in addition to the Drama and Comedy Showcases, the CBS Diversity Institute also includes the CBS Writers Mentoring Program, the CBS Directing Initiative and lots of actor workshops conducted nationwide, including writer workshops conducted in Los Angeles.
To get more information regarding the CBS Drama Diversity Casting Initiative and to also download an application to submit your monologue, please visit www.CBSDiversity.com.