This Chevening Scholarship is open, and any international student from any country is eligible to apply. This scholarship coverage is one of the best in the UK, as it covers the cost of your meals, airfare, visa, accommodation, books, tuition, insurance, allowance, and many other fees. Chevening Scholarship also covers a Masters/MPhil degree program.
READ ALSO: University of Alberta Scholarships in Canada 2022 | Fully Funded
You will need to have some work experience to be eligible to apply. And while this experience is needed, note that it does not have to be a professional experience. Candidates who have participated in any volunteer work, or paid or unpaid internship are also eligible to apply, as this is also counted as work experience.
Chevening Scholarship 2023 – 2024 will open on 2nd August 2022 and will close on 1st November 2022. Hurry up and start your preparations now.
Details About Chevening Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: The United Kingdom
- Course Level: One Year Master Degree
- Coverage: Fully Funded From the British Government
- No. of Scholarships: 1800
- Opening Date: 2nd August 2022
- Closing Date: 2nd November 2022
Before starting any scholarship application, it’s best to make your research, to know if it’s suited to you and your needs. The process for Chevening Scholarship is competitive, but we have provided some information to need to know to make the process less challenging for you.
Chevening Scholarship 2023 Requirements & Eligibility Criteria
For you to become eligible for a Chevening Scholarship 2023 you must meet the following criteria:
- You have to be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- You must be ready to return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has finished.
- Candidates should have also completed all the required undergraduate degrees. This is what enables you to receive entrance into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time your application is submitted.
- Applicants are required to have at least 2 years of work experience, while is a total equal of 2800 hours of work experience.
- You are also required to have a typical equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- You should also apply for at least 3 different eligible British University programs and should have gotten an unconditional offer from one of these programs.
READ ALSO: AUC Scholarship Fund 2022-2023 – Study in the Netherlands
British Chevening Scholarship Amount, Benefits & Stipend
The Chevening Scholarship 2023 is Fully Funded by the British government to study at any UK Universities. The award covers lots of expenses for awardees such as:
- A full University tuition fee.
- Airfare travel expenses to and from the UK.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Cost of one visa application fee.
- Arrival Allowance.
- Homeward Departure Allowance.
- Travel grant to attend Chevening events in the United Kingdom.
- Quarantine cost if Booked by Diversity Travel.
- Free COVID-19 vaccination (If applicable).
How to Select a Course & University for Chevening Scholarship 2023
- You can make your choice from over 12,000 eligible Master’s Courses at over 150 different higher education institutions in the UK.
- Your Chevening Scholarship Application must also list at least 3 courses. This means that you are to state your first three preferred courses.
- The courses chosen are also in the Master Year Program.
- Read more here about eligible courses for Chevening.
As a personal tip, apply to more than 3 Universities to secure your admission. This is help you have more options and choices to choose from and also a way to broaden your net.
READ ALSO: How to Get a German Student Visa – Application to Study in Germany
Eligible Countries for Chevening Scholarship 2023
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to students in over 160 countries. To check your country’s eligibility before applying, check here for your country.
Required Kind of Work Experience
You do not only require professional work experience before you can apply for a Chevening Scholarship. Applicants need to have at least 2 years of work experience. The kind of work experience required to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship includes:
- Full-time Employment.
- Part-time employment.
- Voluntary work.
- Paid or unpaid internships.
You can submit up to 10 different employment work periods to enable you to meet up the requirement. Read More about Chevening Scholarship Work Experience.
Required Documents for Chevening Scholarship 2023
- A valid passport.
- Your University transcripts.
- Your University Degree certificates.
- 3 choices for master’s courses.
You will need to submit the documents above when you are submitting your online application. There are some other documents that can be submitted at a later time before the deadlines.
Some of these documents are:
- The English language test results for Academic IELTS/ TOEFL iBT/ Pearson PTE Academic/ Trinity ISE II (B2) or C1 Advanced.
- An Unconditional offer from the selected university.
- 2 letters of reference. See a Guidance on Reference Letters.
- Your Educational certificates (if any)
- And then, your Motivation Letter
How to Apply for the British Chevening Scholarship
- First, you will need to select your country here and then Select Scholarship,
- Then find the right course here at a preferred UK University that suits you best.
Deadline for Chevening Scholarship 2023
The deadline to submit your application for the 2023-2024 session is 2nd November 2022 BST Time. The application portal opens on 2nd august 2022.